Sunday, January 7, 2007

A light has gone out...

... but it might be a new star in the sky tonight.

After ten wonderfull years, our beloved kitty had to enter a new journey. It was a good life, spoiled by the whole family, and loved by all that had the luck to enter her territory and share some time with this smart and misterious being.

More than a pet, Xanita, was family. She knew when one was sick and she would huddle with that person until it was better... she eated when someone was eating alone just for company, always on our side when we were whatching t.v... crazy for shrimp and always ready to have her belly scratched and massaged...

Anything that could be turned into a ball it was her favorite toy... until some new ball was found! She cried, she laughed and she even gave me advices in her own manner. For me it was not a cat, but family... I wasn't living with her in the last years of her life but whenever I went to my parents house she was there waiting for me and when I saw her, I knew I was at home.

But now she went to another place to probably follow that gigantic ball or to warm the feet of someone who need it... farewell my princess and sleep well...


No comments: